All of the 3 people who came to the initial conversation came along.
We had prepared a ‘key points about the project sheet’, this included specifying that the project was the joint responsibility of Frnaces and Fiona and that Sophie and Sam were collaborating with us.
- it was decided to change the request to up to 6 words to make it easier to form a sentence
- it was decided to check the gaelic translation with two older and respected native gaelic speakers (this resulted in a re-write)
- Sam and Sophie will be responsible for working with the school. Older kids will probably be asked to text their words. Younger kids will use the forms. There are 27 secondary and 38 primary
- we talked about incentives for the form filling but decided that the 'exchange' of participating and reading others words was enough.
- we will try and keep the project's profile up by word of mouth.
- Sam suggested putting it on the VHF radio used by the fishermen
- a large print version of the instructions will be printed to go in forms for older people
- important to have a box in the coop
- need to get a dedicated sim card for the text line.
All our decisions were made! We were ready to advertise our project in the Tiree newsletter An Tirisdeach. Phew!!